Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Dishwsher rack rust - touchup plastic

RichK wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

1 - Check out local and/or online appliance repair sites. You may find
that you can get the racks for a lot cheaper than $150.

The upper rack is a bit tricky. Not many local applience stores left. The
brand is Kanmore, so I gave Sears a try, but I suspect parts from other
brands will fit.

2 - Check out local and/or online appliance repair sites for the
repair kits, some which come with paint for the racks and tips for the
tines.

Have found some on-line since that post, all approach $30 shipped. Thought
that there may be some paint/product that is not even sold by appliance
stores.

Suggestion to use tool handle material was good, but not sure where to find
it and if it came in white.

Rich

Its called Plastidip. It comes in white:
http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/products.html
Try your local big box store, tool section.

--
Grandpa