Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Installing grab bars in an acrylic shower

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...

"Robert Green" wrote in message
I've got to install some grab bars in the shower for mom. I've seen the
kind that mount with suction cups but we need something sturdier.

Most bigbox grab bars are not on sixteen inch centers. And yes, you
need to screw the bar to solid wood like studs. I had a similar need
a couple of years ago and found this Really Good solution. Available
in sixteen and thirty two inch versions. Even if you let a contractor
install it, I definitely recommend the 'extendahand' bar. Many bars
are too close to the wall for good leverage. This solves that by
folding up and away from the wall.

http://www.extendahand.com/

Good find - thanks!

--