Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Dishwsher rack rust - touchup plastic

In article ,
"RichK" wrote:

Hi All,

My Kenmore dishwasher as developed a case of the rusts on the slide out
rack. The plastic cover on the wire rack is worn out in places, showing
metal, which of course rusts.

Sears sells a touchup vinyl (or some other plastic) paint for that purpose,
but am not sure if this is the only option. Theirs is somewhat expensive -
$37 including shipping.

Is there another solution to this? Is there plastic paint I can use for
this purpose that is sold in stores?

New racks are just too expensive - $150 for both, top and bottom.

Regards,

Rich

You could get a part time minimum wage job at mcdonalds and earn that
$150 in the time you spend trying to fix that problem, and you'll never
be happy with the results anyway. Whatever you put on there is going to
look bad and fall off PDQ, speculates I. But if you insist, maybe try
the gunk sold for dipping tool handles into to coat them with plastic.