Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I
need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks,
without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself.
I have tried a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

The tracks should not need lubricating.

Check the track itself -- is it "bumpy?" If so, you can get a stainless
steel replacement track that snaps on to the existing one (about $10.00).

'Course you have to remove the door (easy for two people - just lift up) to
install the replacement shim on the existing track. Before you snap the
replacement track in place, fill in the depressions with epoxy steel. While
you have the door out, check the rollers. They may simply need adjusting.