Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I
need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks,
without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself.
I have tried a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Lubricating the tracks is like oiling the skating rink hoping for longer
coast times. You need to oil the bearing that are riding on the tracks.

Rich

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

I haven't tried it, but what about graphite. Seems logically that it
would be OK....

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"Rich" wrote in message
ng.com...
James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I
need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks,
without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself.
I have tried a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Lubricating the tracks is like oiling the skating rink hoping for longer
coast times. You need to oil the bearing that are riding on the tracks.

Rich

Sounds good. How do you get to them? Aerosol?

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

C & E wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
ng.com...

James wrote:

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I
need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks,
without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself.
I have tried a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Lubricating the tracks is like oiling the skating rink hoping for longer
coast times. You need to oil the bearing that are riding on the tracks.

Rich

Sounds good. How do you get to them? Aerosol?

Hi,
I wonder why people think WD-40 is lubricant? It's a cleaning solvent.
I'd try little bit of white grease(Luriplate) or squirt of liquid wrench
(Teflon).

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have
tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

I haven't tried it, but what about graphite. Seems logically that it
would be OK....

Graphite will make a gunky mess. Any lubricant is the wrong approach. The
door needs to be fixed properly meaning it must be removed from the track
the rollers replaced. It should be done soon as more wear can ruin the
track completely.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Thanks for all the ideas. I have in fact tried liquid wrench, but it
wears off after a week or two.

I have not yet tried graphite, and had not thought of it. I think that I
will give that a try. I wonder if the powder or liquid graphite would do
best ?

Keep the comments coming !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 7:04 pm, "James" wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas. I have in fact tried liquid wrench, but it
wears off after a week or two.

I have not yet tried graphite, and had not thought of it. I think that I
will give that a try. I wonder if the powder or liquid graphite would do
best ?

Keep the comments coming !!

James

I've used powdered graphite on a couple of similar things. I got a 12
ounce squeeze bottle at the local True Value. Pretty cheap as I
remember. Don't know why a previous poster mentioned that it would
make a goopy mess. It's dry. Unless your door is really exposed to the
weather, the graphite should stay dry too....

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:06:22 -0400, "James"
wrote:

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need

If the door is scraping the track, you may be able to just raise it up
higher by adjusting the rollers. There's a hidden screw in the hole
at the bottom at aach end. CW is up, iirc.

something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have
tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

I haven't tried it, but what about graphite. Seems logically that it
would be OK....

Graphite will make a gunky mess. Any lubricant is the wrong approach. The
door needs to be fixed properly meaning it must be removed from the track
the rollers replaced. It should be done soon as more wear can ruin the
track completely.

My parents had a sliding glass door at their house - when they bought
the house it was in really bad shape and would barely slide. The
eventual fix was not only replacement of any suspect rollers but
renewing the lower track. Somewhere my dad found a stainless U-channel
for just this purpose, it would snap over the existing track and provide
a new, smooth (and harder than the original aluminum) surface for the
rollers to ride on. The original track was so badly worn that we had to
fill the stainless U-channel with something - I don't remember what, but
possibly silicone? - to make up the difference in areas where the
rollers actually rode. Worked beautifully with no maintenance until
maybe 10-15 years later when they decided to replace the sliding door
with new french doors.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:40:14 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

I wonder why people think WD-40 is lubricant? It's a cleaning solvent.
I'd try little bit of white grease(Luriplate) or squirt of liquid wrench
(Teflon).

Liquid wrench is made with teflon? Are you sure?
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:40:14 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

I wonder why people think WD-40 is lubricant? It's a cleaning solvent.
I'd try little bit of white grease(Luriplate) or squirt of liquid wrench
(Teflon).

Liquid wrench is made with teflon? Are you sure?

They make a version with a hint of teflon... It's all just marketing hype
though.

It's still not a lubricant.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Silicon Spray. It doesn't attract dirt and has no chemical residue. Much the
same as powdered graphite. & on that note, make sure your door rollers are
properly adjusted. #1 cause of hanging sliders. #2 is dirt/foreign objects
in the tracks. Never ever use oil based products, such as WD-40. They
attract & HOLD dirt particles.

Dan

"James" wrote in message
. ..
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have

tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Dan Deckert writes:

Silicon Spray. It doesn't attract dirt and has no chemical residue.

Silicone.

Just what is in your imagination about this stuff?

It's a type of oil, you know, just not a mineral, animal, or vegetable oil.
Certainly it attracts dirt. And if you don't have any residue of it, then
what exactly is the point?

Many "silicone" sprays are 99 percent mineral spirits and other hydrocarbon
stuff with a whiff of actual silicone oil. That's why it doesn't attract
dirt or leave a residue: it just evaporates after making you feel better.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I've used powdered graphite on a couple of similar things. I got a 12
ounce squeeze bottle at the local True Value. Pretty cheap as I
remember. Don't know why a previous poster mentioned that it would
make a goopy mess. It's dry. Unless your door is really exposed to the
weather, the graphite should stay dry too....

Sorry, what was I thinking. A door exposed to weather? How silly of me.
(head hanging with shame)

Besides, that graphite will add a nice sheen to the floors as it gets
tracked in.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 7:00 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

I've used powdered graphite on a couple of similar things. I got a 12
ounce squeeze bottle at the local True Value. Pretty cheap as I
remember. Don't know why a previous poster mentioned that it would
make a goopy mess. It's dry. Unless your door is really exposed to the
weather, the graphite should stay dry too....

Sorry, what was I thinking. A door exposed to weather? How silly of me.
(head hanging with shame)

Besides, that graphite will add a nice sheen to the floors as it gets
tracked in.

YMMV, but all my silders are under a VERY big "eve," I know I spelled
that wrong/. Anyway, they get no moisture, really, and I am in
Oregon's Rain Forest. Again, as I say, it may be different for you,
that's why i made my disclaimer, but in this area all exterior doors
in any quality built place are quite protected....

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"James" wrote in message
. ..
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have
tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Remove the door from the track and frame. Clean the track with liquid soap
and water. Use a toothbrush or similar to get all the debris out.
Lay the door on its side. Place something under it to catch any liquid and
solid debris. Clean with petroleum distillate. Air dry. Lube the wheel
centers with light oil or graphite.
Hang the door. Do similar procedure with screen door if you have one.
Repeat the procedure as needed when door starts sticking again.
If anything is found damaged, replace it. If the door is not adjusted
properly, too low or misaligned, correct it.
Dave

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message . ..
Dan Deckert writes:

Silicon Spray. It doesn't attract dirt and has no chemical residue.

Silicone.

Just what is in your imagination about this stuff?

It sure beats oil based lubricants such as WD-40 by miles. Experience alone, living in a desert w/sand/dirt for 20+ yrs. indicates otherwise.

It's a type of oil, you know, just not a mineral, animal, or vegetable oil.
Certainly it attracts dirt.

Really? An OIL? Then how do you describe/ascribe to the following? I'm not aware of ANY OIL that will sustain 5905 degrees F to a boil point!

Silicon

Atomic Number: 14

Atomic Weight: 28.0855

Melting Point: 1687 K (1414°C or 2577°F)

Boiling Point: 3538 K (3265°C or 5909°F)

Density: 2.3296 grams per cubic centimeter

Phase at Room Temperatu Solid

Element Classification: Semi-metal

History and Uses:

Silicon was discovered by Jöns Jacob Berzelius, a Swedish chemist, in 1824 by heating chips of potassium in a silica container and then carefully washing away the residual by-products. Silicon is the seventh most abundant element in the universe and the second most abundant element in the earth's crust. Today, silicon is produced by heating sand (SiO2) with carbon to temperatures approaching 2200°C.

Two allotropes of silicon exist at room temperatu amorphous and crystalline. Amorphous appears as a brown powder while crystalline silicon has a metallic luster and a grayish color. Single crystals of crystalline silicon can be grown with a process known as the Czochralski process. These crystals, when doped with elements such as boron, gallium, germanium, phosphorus or arsenic, are used in the manufacture of solid-state electronic devices, such as transistors, solar cells, rectifiers and microchips.

Silicon dioxide (SiO2), silicon's most common compound, is the most abundant compound in the earth's crust. It commonly takes the form of ordinary sand, but also exists as quartz, rock crystal, amethyst, agate, flint, jasper and opal. Silicon dioxide is extensively used in the manufacture of glass and bricks. Silica gel, a colloidal form of silicon dioxide, easily absorbs moisture and is used as a desiccant.

Silicon forms other useful compounds. Silicon carbide (SiC) is nearly as hard as diamond and is used as an abrasive. Sodium silicate (Na2SiO3), also known as water glass, is used in the production of soaps, adhesives and as an egg preservative. Silicon tetrachloride (SiCl4) is used to create smoke screens. Silicon is also an important ingredient in silicone, a class of material that is used for such things as lubricants, polishing agents, electrical insulators and medical implants.

Estimated Crustal Abundance: 2.82×105 milligrams per kilogram

Estimated Oceanic Abundance: 2.2 milligrams per liter

Number of Stable Isotopes: 3 (View all isotope data)

Ionization Energy: 8.152 eV

Oxidation States: +4, +2, -4

Electron Shell Configuration: 1s2
2s2 2p6
3s2 3p2

Really? and the facts/data are? Residue is the **** you don't need after applying a product for a particular need. Weird how it seems to work here in this blowing dirt/sand country.

Many "silicone" sprays are 99 percent mineral spirits and other hydrocarbon
stuff with a whiff of actual silicone oil. That's why it doesn't attract
dirt or leave a residue: it just evaporates after making you feel better.

Well that's certainly strange, even CRC doesn't list their silicone spray @ 99% mineral spirits & other hydrocarbon
stuff. http://www.crcind.com.au/catalogue.nsf/(MSDS)/3055%20808%20Silicone%202007/$FILE/MSDS.pdf

It certainly seems strange that you are seemingly opposed to using silicone spray as a lubricant for a seemingly innocent purpose of lubricating a sliding patio door.

Much less as leading off with mis-information.............just my 2 cents worth...............

Dan

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

As some other posters have stated, lubricating the track is a band-aid
approach and should be avoided. The rollers need to be replaced and/
or lubricated. Personally I would replace them since the work to
access them for lubrication is the same as accessing them for
replacement. There should be an adjustment at the end of the slider
near the rollers. Adjust the rollers to retract them in so the slider
can be removed from the frame. Once the slider is out remove and
replace or lubricate the rollers. Applying lubricants to the tracks
will just attract more dust and debris which will create gunk that
makes the situation worse. Have fun.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Dan Deckert writes:

Really? An OIL?

Surely you're not that dumb.

Then how do you describe/ascribe to the following?
Well that's certainly strange, even CRC doesn't list their silicone
spray @ 99% mineral spirits & other hydrocarbon stuff.

Did you actually read that MSDS? Sez 90 percent petroleum hydrocarbons.

Thank you for demonstrating my point.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

on 6/12/2007 9:40 PM Tony Hwang said the following:
C & E wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
ng.com...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:57:20 -0700, Dan Deckert wrote:

Silicon Spray. It doesn't attract dirt and has no chemical residue. Much the

The problem is that an application is only good for a couple of weeks.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Go to a bike shop and ask for a bottle of 'White Lightning'... Use it.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

James,

It would help, I think, to know what your problem is. If you have sliding
glass doors to the back deck and they are sticking, that's not caused by the
tracks, so don't lubricate them. You should remove the doors, locate the
wheels, and clean or replace them. The "how to" books at your local library
will explain sliding glass doors.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Is the door intended to slide, or are there wheels that are worn? We
tried all kinds of lube, including graphite, but the solution was in
replacing the worn wheels and track. Our doors are very old, and we
obtained an insert for the track that essentially makes it like new
without removing the original track. Repair guy gave it to us, and it
simply screws down over the old track. Grease will just make grit and
dirt stick, so it isn't really helpful.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I
need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks,
without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself.
I have tried a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

The tracks should not need lubricating.

Check the track itself -- is it "bumpy?" If so, you can get a stainless
steel replacement track that snaps on to the existing one (about $10.00).

'Course you have to remove the door (easy for two people - just lift up) to
install the replacement shim on the existing track. Before you snap the
replacement track in place, fill in the depressions with epoxy steel. While
you have the door out, check the rollers. They may simply need adjusting.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"James" wrote in message
. ..
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have

tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Are they meant to be oiled? These days many ball bearings are sealed for
life. It's possible that oiling them is just attracting dirt which is
causing the problem. It might be just cleaning you need not oil.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

"Noozer" wrote in message

"mm" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:40:14 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

I wonder why people think WD-40 is lubricant? It's a cleaning solvent.
I'd try little bit of white grease(Luriplate) or squirt of liquid wrench
(Teflon).

Liquid wrench is made with teflon? Are you sure?

They make a version with a hint of teflon... It's all just marketing hype
though.

It's still not a lubricant.

Yes it is: http://www.gunk.ca/prodsht-en/l212c.pdf

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Silicone is NOT silicon.
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Dan Deckert writes:

Really? An OIL?

Surely you're not that dumb.

Then how do you describe/ascribe to the following?
Well that's certainly strange, even CRC doesn't list their silicone
spray @ 99% mineral spirits & other hydrocarbon stuff.

Did you actually read that MSDS? Sez 90 percent petroleum hydrocarbons.

Thank you for demonstrating my point.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
on 6/12/2007 9:40 PM Tony Hwang said the following:

C & E wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
ng.com...

James wrote:

[...]

(didn't click on link)

I don't care what anyone says, it's still not a lubricant. It is good
for first-pass cleaning of greasy parts, or displacing water from
distributor caps. It is not a good lubricant.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without

Lubing the tracks won't help because they don't slide on the tracks,
even if some call them sliders. They roll.

A lot of people have suggested removing the door. If you end up doing
that, you should know in advance that is very heavy and you have to
keep it from falling over on you, or away from you, and you have to
keep the bottom end from sliding away from you. Once it starts to do
that, you probably won't be able to stop it. You need something to
keep the bottom from moving away from you in the first place. The
fixed part of the door might work for that, but it has to be
accessible, and you have to first move the door to the side.

I removed my door alone because I had no choice, but it reqauired
planning and concentration. Having a second reasonably strong person
help you would help.

attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Messy. I'd suggest clear silicone spray.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: I haven't tried it, but what about graphite. Seems logically
that it
: would be OK....
:

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Lift door up and out of the track. Invert door.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"C & E" wrote in message
:
: Lubricating the tracks is like oiling the skating rink hoping
for longer
: coast times. You need to oil the bearing that are riding on
the tracks.
:
: Rich
:
:
: Sounds good. How do you get to them? Aerosol?
:
:

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 9:31 am, Norminn wrote:
James wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

Is the door intended to slide, or are there wheels that are worn? We
tried all kinds of lube, including graphite, but the solution was in
replacing the worn wheels and track. Our doors are very old, and we
obtained an insert for the track that essentially makes it like new
without removing the original track. Repair guy gave it to us, and it
simply screws down over the old track. Grease will just make grit and
dirt stick, so it isn't really helpful.- Hide quoted text -

Lubricate the door tracks with parrafin wax. You can buy the wax at
the grocery store...comes in a box of 4 or 5 1 inch thik slabs about 3
inches by 5 inches..... just ask a clerk or stockboy where it is.

Ive been doing this for 20 years.... forgot how I found out about
it....dont really care..... its easy...last quite a while....( i do
this 2 maybe 3 times a year)...no mess...... makes the door glide
smooth as silk

Im not about to tackle removing a sliding glass door from its track to
squirt some oil on some rollers......

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

And the kids can skate in the kitchen on graphite covered socks?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...
:
: Sorry, what was I thinking. A door exposed to weather? How
silly of me.
: (head hanging with shame)
:
: Besides, that graphite will add a nice sheen to the floors as
it gets
: tracked in.
:
:

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Dear Dan,
Please redo your research. Silicon (element) and silicone
(chemical lubricant) are two different things.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Dan Deckert writes:

[...]

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Thanks, cornytheclown !! This looks like a simple, straightforward answer
!! All that I need to do is to lubricate the track a bit. There is
nothing wrong with the door or the rollers....... the door doesn't stick....
..it just needs lubing. I am 100% sure of it.... just didn't know what
was the best product that might last a little while.

Out of all the answers, I think the graphite suggestion and the parrafin wax
are the most inviting....

Thanks to all who responded !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:53 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

And the kids can skate in the kitchen on graphite covered socks?

Kids are really in to graphitey.

Replacing glass in sliding glass door Godfrey Muganda Home Repair 16 July 26th 16 06:44 PM
Sliding glass door (I need some help) AKA Gray Asphalt Home Repair 13 January 13th 07 10:31 PM
Old sliding glass door..... [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 16th 06 04:07 AM
What is the right lubricant for garage door tracks and wheels? blueman Home Repair 11 March 25th 05 03:01 AM
Sliding Glass Door Help 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 4 March 20th 05 12:51 PM