Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeboy101@daghetto.com is offline

Default crack in the center of new home

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:33:45 -0700, wrote:

i recently bought a new house in the tampa, florida area. 3 weeks into
living in the brand new house a crack formed across the center of the
house in the floor and is spreading up the wall and ceiling in the
same area in my kitchen. the builder told me it was a cosmetic issue
after surveying the crack. i strongly disagree, assuming that this is
a structural issue with the concrete slab the house is sitting on. my
family has been in construction for YEARS and i do have some
experience but need a second opinion. can anyone help me??

Dude or Dudette

Since this is in florida USA, you really should shut the hell up about
this. Crack is ILLEGAL in the USA, and telling everyone about it is
only gonna get you arrested. It mite already be too late. Go enjoy
the crack. Snort it, or shoot it, but shut the **** up about it for
your own good. The house builder probably gave it to you as a gift.