Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

WD40 works intitially, but doesn't last, and attracts dirt.

Any good ideas ?

Thank you !!

James

As some other posters have stated, lubricating the track is a band-aid
approach and should be avoided. The rollers need to be replaced and/
or lubricated. Personally I would replace them since the work to
access them for lubrication is the same as accessing them for
replacement. There should be an adjustment at the end of the slider
near the rollers. Adjust the rollers to retract them in so the slider
can be removed from the frame. Once the slider is out remove and
replace or lubricate the rollers. Applying lubricants to the tracks
will just attract more dust and debris which will create gunk that
makes the situation worse. Have fun.