Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

On Jun 12, 7:00 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

I've used powdered graphite on a couple of similar things. I got a 12
ounce squeeze bottle at the local True Value. Pretty cheap as I
remember. Don't know why a previous poster mentioned that it would
make a goopy mess. It's dry. Unless your door is really exposed to the
weather, the graphite should stay dry too....

Sorry, what was I thinking. A door exposed to weather? How silly of me.
(head hanging with shame)

Besides, that graphite will add a nice sheen to the floors as it gets
tracked in.

YMMV, but all my silders are under a VERY big "eve," I know I spelled
that wrong/. Anyway, they get no moisture, really, and I am in
Oregon's Rain Forest. Again, as I say, it may be different for you,
that's why i made my disclaimer, but in this area all exterior doors
in any quality built place are quite protected....