Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default SF versus SL 10W-30 oil.

On Jun 12, 9:34 pm, "Toller" wrote:
My understanding is that you have to use motor oil that "at least" meets the
auto manufacturer's requirement, but would that be true for a generator
also?

I got my Yamaha EF1000 today. The instructions call for SE or SF oil; all I
had was SL. Is there any reason that might not be okay?

I know, "Call Yamaha". I had to call them three times to verify that a
claim made in one of their retailer's ads (that it will do 3500w for 3
seconds) was accurate; I doubt I can actually reach anyone there who knows
what oil is. Not that Yamaha doesn't know what oil is; they just don't let
those people talk to customers.

Thanks.

If dealing with a dealer does'nt he sell the oil , Other wise read the
manual and follow it Don,t use 10/ 30 as it is not for small engines.