Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Default Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 12, 4:06 pm, "James" wrote:
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need
something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without
attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant itself. I have
tried
a soap bar which works well, but only for a week or so.

I haven't tried it, but what about graphite. Seems logically that it
would be OK....

Graphite will make a gunky mess. Any lubricant is the wrong approach. The
door needs to be fixed properly meaning it must be removed from the track
the rollers replaced. It should be done soon as more wear can ruin the
track completely.