Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Installing grab bars in an acrylic shower

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"betsyb" wrote

Nancy, try wetting the cups first. Works on hanging stained glass doodas
on my windows. I usually spit on them.

Thanks for the suggestion, betsy, but it's Robert's toothbrushes
giving him a hard time.

nancy

(-: Usenet's always been a little like that kid's game where messages get
whispered up or down a line of people. "The bear went over the mountain"
becomes "bend over mouse man" or something similar.

I'm the one with the grab bar problem and the unstuck suction cups. And
yes, I do wet them, I scrub the tile with alcohol, ammonia, bleach and more
but it doesn't make any difference. I suspect the cups themselves are
slightly porous (they are clear, not black rubber) and over time air gets in
and it pops. Not so bad for toothbrushes but disaster for grab bars!

--
Bobby G.