Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocking Shower

Thanks for the good advice. I've seen the tube things with two
handles for inserting fence posts. I'll put out the word I'm
wanting one for a couple days.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:09:08 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
: wrote:
:
: The furnace has both a neutral and a ground. I know -- I
checked.
: Is 8 foot the standard? I was in Home Cheepo last night, and
they
: do sell 8 foot ground rods. Is a shorter rod acceptable? Eight
: feet sounds like a lot of sledge hammer work.
:
: Sledge hammering a ground rod above your head is a great way to
get
: hurt. I've done it. After that I learned that they make
T-post
: drivers. Much safer and easier. You only need the hammer for
the
: last 18 inches or so. Yes, you really should use an 8 footer.
Shorter
: ones are for tv antennas, electric fence grounds, and other
oddball
: stuff.
: