Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default Mystery outdoor gas pipe

What about a gas light post in your front yard?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Where the gas piping comes up from the ground into my house, there is
a smaller "slave" pipe with a rectangular valve that loops back into
the ground. I have accounted for all indoor appliances (fireplace,
stove/oven, water heater, dryer, furnace) via the piping running
through the attic. I asked the guy from the gas company when he was
there flagging the yard, and he suggested it might be for an outdoor
grill hookup. Problem is, I don't see how a grill could be hooked up
to it. The entrance looks like this (fixed width font required):

Main ||
| ||
| Mystery ||
|---_ ||