Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default obnoxious door bell

On Jun 12, 1:39 pm, mm wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:34:38 -0000, Pat

wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:19 am, "Bob" wrote:
This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really
obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find
much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind
of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may
have come across something like this.

Thanks

Go to an electrical supply shop and get a timed-relay. When you push
the doorbell button, you trip the relay and the adjustable timer will
trip whatever you have hooked up to it for as as long as you'd like.
Then hookup whatever you'd like -- maybe a TV tuned to Jerry Springer
or something.

I have might set up slightly differently (but sometimes a little
annoyingly). When my motion detector goes turns on (day or night), it
triggers the doorbell. So my doorbell goes off while the person is
coming up the driveway. But windy days it will sometimes right just
to be annoying (if leaves or something trip the motion detector).

You could try a double-tech, infrared and whatchamacallit have to be
tripped at the same time. But even these will false I think on a hot
breeze.

Nah. I just shut if off when it gets like that. It's not like I get
too many visitors anyway. And besides, the dog is just as effective.
The bell if from the BD (before dog) era.