Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Shocking Shower

Norminn wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Since you don't know the problem, you have no way of predicting what
might happen. Loose wire that vibrates enough to make more complete
contact and electrocute somebody? IMO, that is an urgent matter.

All of the above and more...

Not shutting the power off or blocking the use of the shower until this
is solved and known to have been solved correctly is foolhardy and
irresponsible.

As a Trustee of our church, if we had such a situation and a responsible
camp director who didn't take _immediate_ action to protect the safety
of the the campers and correct the problem, that person would be
strongly admonished for their inaction to the point of dismissal.

This is a situation that is NOT the same as futzing around in one's own
house -- one has the obligation and duty to ensure the kids are as safe
as can possibly be.

A youngster drowned in a Y day camp near here the first day of the
season this spring -- needless to say, that organization is going
through hell just now and will be for the foreseeable future. While
probably not a high probability of serious injury or death from this as
described, it's a risk that simply should not be taken as it would, in
retrospect, be VERY hard to explain to both law and insurance
investigators why such a situation was allowed to continue when it was
known to exist if something were to happen.