Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Best auto wax?

bent wrote:
I tried an electric buffer/polisher with compounds and all sandpapers
several times with a lot of effort, and nothing, well a little, but
it took
a trip to the auto body shop to actually get the job done. My m/c
may have
been the problem, or it could have been the compound, or the sanding,
or a
combination. I don't doubt I could have done it eventually, but I
may have
been searching for specifically recommended products, etc., and may
have
doen damage. I'm glad its over. Never again on hot sheet metal,
which means
I'll be washing in darkness/shade.

3M and Meguiars both have graduated finishing systems that you can get
at automotive paint stores. Go to the Web sites and learn the part
numbers though. That's what the body shop would have used.

Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups
=----