Posted to uk.d-i-y
r.bartlett r.bartlett is offline

Default Garden Fence ??

"Dave" wrote in message
doobydoobydo wrote:

Hi All,

My Mother (God bless her) knowing that I was interested in replacing some
old wood fence panels told me she saw an advert on a certain satellite
channel (she can't remember which one) garden panels designed to look
like wood panels but made of metal - even had trellis piece to go on
top - gauranteed for 10 years - virtually maintenance free - edged like
wooden ones ?

I have looked on titernet but can't find anything like this at all.
Nearest I found was plastic fence panels with plastic posts and plastic
gravel boards.

First question - does anyone knowof these metal garden fence panels and
Second question - has anyone used the plastic ones - though they are
advertised as strong and durable wouldn't they buckle after a few years
in sunshine etc.

Any help ??

Burglars hate the wooden topped trellis, as they know it will break and
make a noise if they try to get over it. Strong plastic, or metal will
remove this advantage.

Dave

I hope you're not suggesting his mum was planning on burglaring her own sons
house !!

Cheers

Richard