Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocking Shower

The furnace has both a neutral and a ground. I know -- I checked.
Is 8 foot the standard? I was in Home Cheepo last night, and they
do sell 8 foot ground rods. Is a shorter rod acceptable? Eight
feet sounds like a lot of sledge hammer work.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Zephyr" wrote in message
news:9_qdnaKa9voLG_DbnZ2dnUVZ_riknZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
: The furnace is seeking ground through the gas piping system to
the water
: heater and perhaps from there to the showers.
:
: Ground the water system with an 8 foot earth rod and the
neutral buss from
: the service panel. Read UEC #250.50 [Grounding Systems].
Check the neutral
: at the appliance and make sure it has both, a separate load
carrying neutral
: and earth bond [ground.] Be sure the panel / sub -panel both
are grounded
: as well. Check and tighten all electrical connections, pay
particularly
: attention to the grounding system.
:
: --