Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bulbs?

On 10 Jun, 23:56, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I have a Victorian effect lamppost on my deck with three 100w bayonet bulbs
in it.

I've now decided it's too bright and want a softer light. I have varicose
solar powered LED lights illuminating the water feature, plants & steps and
sometimes the 3 x 100w bayonet bulbs either stop the LED's working (dawn to
dusk sensors) or simply overpower them.

Initial plan was to change to 3 x 60w bulbs - but are there any bulbs that
would give a better effect? Colour changing LED bulbs?

How do you compare an LED bulb e.g. 1 watt to a normal bulb in terms of
light output?

CFLs in traditional bulb shape should be a good option for that.

NT