Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What is these messages?

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 04:00:52 GMT, Grandpa wrote:

mm wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:29:02 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

wrote in message
I keep seeing mesages on here with subject lines like this.
دعوة الى التأمل بصور الاعصار (توجو) صور
What the heck are they? Is this some foreign thing or what?

Usually a message posted using a non-English language font. If you never
install those fonts you will have a much smaller chance of getting screwed
by the scammers from those countries. There really isn't anyone there that I
want to talk to so I have all non-English fonts blocked on my computer.

What do you mean by blocking non-English fonts? What does that do?

It means that he doesn't see them. Out of sight, out of mind. Same
thing as a kill file for specific submitters, just a little more
generic. Not a bad idea either.

So he blocks *posts* with non-English fonts. I get it. Thanks.

What's bad is when someone responds to the filtered posts and
manages to quote the whole damn thing to say, "WTF?" or that they've
reported it as spam. Then not only does he waste his (and my) time
trying to read the spam/junk but then that "reposter" (who is doing
the originator a great favor) borders on getting added to my kill file.
That help?