Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk is offline

Default Bulbs?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I have a Victorian effect lamppost on my deck with three 100w bayonet bulbs
in it.

I've now decided it's too bright and want a softer light. I have varicose
solar powered LED lights illuminating the water feature, plants & steps and
sometimes the 3 x 100w bayonet bulbs either stop the LED's working (dawn to
dusk sensors) or simply overpower them.

Initial plan was to change to 3 x 60w bulbs - but are there any bulbs that
would give a better effect? Colour changing LED bulbs?

surely just dropping down to something like 3 x 5w CFL would do the
trick? you could leave it on all night as a form of security light
without losing sleep over the destruction of the planet.

Any reason not to use CFL's? They're cheap as chips so even if you
didn't like the effect you would still have some spare bulbs to use in
the house.

Pete
--
http:www.gymratz.co.uk - gym equipment, fitness equipment & Stuff