Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Donna is offline

Default Now that I have it narrowed to a Sears Kenmore - bag or bagless?

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
t...
Donna wrote:
"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
t...

We currently have a Hoover model that uses "Z" bags a believe. You unfold
the bag and press the cardboard hole in the bag over a horiziontal pipe
facing straight out and the hole is near (but not at) the top of the bag.

You basically find the tube by feeling for it and there is no positive
feedback that you have the bag inserted far enough over the tube. While
getting the rest of the bag positioned for closing the compartment it is
easy to dislodge the bag. Also when removing a full bag the horizontal
not-quite-at-the-top design causes some spillage.

How funny -- I think we have the same vacuum cleaner.

PITA might be somewhat overstating it, but it certainly doesn't strike me
as a particularly well thought-out design.

Just wait until you start using the bagless vacumm. the bag changing
process will begin to feel like a MOMA design award winner, compared to what
you have to do to get the bagless ones to work well. We have both, and I
refuse to use the bagless one, because it's a filthy, time-consuming job to
clean the filter and foam liner well enough so that it picks up dirt
adequately. I just hate it. YMMV, however.

Donna