Posted to alt.home.repair
Homer Homer is offline

Default pulling flywheel on go kart engine

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:09:59 -0700, wrote:

do you need a special tool? i have a weak spark and i have a feeling
it has something to do with the magnet. before i took it all apart, it
had a spark, after i put the spring puller mechanism back together
there was nothing.

I've always been able to eventually knock it off with a hammer. Get
your partner to tap on the shaft while you hold it up by the flywheel.
I didn't say it was easy, but if you a small rope you can do it.

My uncle had a tiller without a spark and wanted to check the coil
that was under the flywheel. He had a steering wheel puller and he
just drilled a couple of holes in the flywheel and installed a couple
of temporary bolts and then using his steering wheel puller, it popped
right off. It took all of 20 minutes. He replaced the oil soaked
spark wire with spark plug wire and it fired right up.