Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Outdoor Wiring Question

In article . com, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Doug,

Thanks for this reply and the later one about "damp locations". I'll
go with individual conductors.

BTW I don't know where you live, but in the area around Lake Ontario,
the sun shines down on our decks, not up from below. (kidding!) The
PVC will be run along an interior joist, so there is no danger of UV
degredation. Beside, I'm going to use Sched 40 PVC.

I was picturing it on an exterior joist, where it would be subject to
sunlight, but even under the deck and on an interior joist, there would still
be some sunlight filtering through the deck boards, although probably not
enough to harm it. In any event, PVC water pipe isn't approved for electrical
use, whether or not it's exposed to sunlight.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

--
Regards,