Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Chraftsman 18hp. twin fuel problem

On Jun 7, 6:17 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
On the side of the motor, there is a cover that's about one inch
wide, and three inches up and down. It's held on with two bolts,
you'll need 1/4 or 5/16 nut driver. This cover exposes the ends
of the valves (you will see two coil springs). This cover is also
a check valve. Every time the piston goes "down", this valve
releases a little bit of air. Soak the cover in gasoline or
kerosine for awhile, dry it out, and see if that helps. They get
full of grease and junk.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Any idea where the plate would be ? I have looked the engine over and
checked the parts schematic and can't find it. Rick

.

"Rick" wrote in message

oups.com...
: We have an 18 hp.twinfuelpump on the side of the carb . It
was
: working fine and then quit . It appeared that it was lack of
gas as it
: would start and run as long as you pored the gas in the carb .
: rebuilt thefuelpump and it still wasn't gettingfuel. I took
the
: top off the carb and it was bone dry . I replaced the needle
valve and
: it still didn't getfuel. This time when the carb was apart I
poured
: some gas in the bowl and poured gas to thefuel pump line
doing it
: several times and turning it over to prime the pump . When I
put the
: carb back together it started right up and ran good . I took it
out to
: try mowing with it an again after about 10 minutes it acted
like it
: was starving for gas . Then it stalled again . Sameproblem.
Thefuel
: pump seems to be powered by a vacum hose coming up from the
: crankcase . Is there anything in the crankcase (filter)or
something
: that would plug up ? I can feel som air coming out of the hose
when I
: turn it over . I can suckfuelout of the gas line at thefuel
pump
: connection from the tank...Any ideas...Rick
: