Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Outdoor Wiring Question

On Jun 9, 6:15 pm, mm wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:18:26 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

I have some questions about installing an exterior outlet.

I have a circuit that has 2 exterior lights and an exterior GFCI
receptacle on it. I want to tap into this circuit and add another
GFCI.

You may not need another one, but I don't understand the rest of the
post well enough to say. Any outlet downstream from the current GFCI
will have the same protection if you connect it right. There are only
two reasonable ways, and maybe it's marked which one is which.

OTOH, if you are just using the circuit but are on a tributary that
the GFI is not on, not upstream from, then you have to get a second
gfi.

"if you are just using the circuit but are on a tributary "

This is the case, so I need 2nd GFCI.

Thanks for the response (everyone)