Posted to uk.d-i-y
William McNicol William McNicol is offline

Default How to remove ladder style radiator ?

wrote:
On Jun 6, 5:22 pm, Andrew wrote:
On 6 Jun, 14:01, wrote:

I have aladderstyleradiatorin my bathroom. The pipes to the
radiatorcome up vertically from the floor - one has a lockshield
valve and the other has a TRV.
I need to remove theradiatorin order to tile behind it.
I cannot see how to remove it without flooding the room as the pipes
and connections are in-line going vertically into theladderand hence
I cannot put anything underneath them to catch the water.
Any advice or pointers gratefully received !
Andrew.

Wet/Dry vacuum cleaner hel next to the valve will produce enough
suction to divert the water. Worked for me anyway.

Andrew

Thanks all for the replies. I need to look into the options further
and we'll attempt something this weekend !

Thanks once again - Andrew....

If you haven't yet done it, I use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner from the top.
Ducttape a bit of plastic conduit (or anything else that comes to hand
and is suitable) to the hose. Close both valves. Remove blanking
plate. Suck out all water. Remove radiator. There will very little
water left in it which you can soak up with cloths or suck up as it
appears...

William.