Posted to rec.woodworking
Say What? Say What? is offline

Default Best table saw blade

beecrofter wrote:

20 years as a professional saw sharpener makes me say that.

You can buy a very good quality 10x50atb+r for 40$ most of the time
and unless you are cutting melamine, metal or have specific
application issues it is a good all around choice.
Most contractors saws I encounter could use a decent alignment blade
to slots, fence to blade, etc. And another after you horse it between
jobsites.

Amen! Just about ANY table saw that's properly aligned will do a decent
job with just about any blade. An excellent blade (thinking some of the
Freud's and Forrest blades, here) won't do squat in a poorly set up saw
whether it's a Unisaur or ...

I have a Freud that I bought some 25 years ago and used to rip down 2x's
in a early 70's vintage Craftsman RAS. I had that RAS aligned dead-on
and kept it that way. The cut edges looked like they'd been run through
a jointer. Break the edges and you were ready to finish. I didn't
believe it the first time I saw it but it truly cut that well in a
properly aligned RAS.