Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Blinds hard to open, can I lube with silicone?

On Jun 9, 1:20 pm, "JMJ" wrote:
be sure they are completely open before opening

"Big_Jake" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Jun 9, 8:55 am, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:
I have the cheapo window blinds from Borg Depot. These things are
notorious
for becomeing harder and harder to open.

Strong ratcheting sound as the spinning mechanism that the strings pull
against rub against the plastic.

How do I lube metal-on-plastic parts like that?

Certainly not a hydrocarbon based lube....that could eat the plastic,
right?
Will silicone oose out and make a mess of the string?

--
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the man from Nantucket...

At $3.65 for the smaller sizes, and around $6 for the larger, why even
bother?

At that price, I replace the ones on my rentals between tenants when
they are dirty.

JK

Be sure they are open before opening??

JK