Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Autstrailian Timber Oil on cedar: lots of mold

Roger said something like:

"Thomas G. Marshall"
. com
wrote in message news:GlT9i.7066$UD4.5690@trndny07...

My composite deck has cedar rails, for esthetic reasons. I know, I know,
don't bust on me.

I've treated the rails with Austrailian Timber Oil, which did a wonderful
job at keeping a red hue while showing all of the grain.

Problem is, mold has grown on it like crazy.

Could I add fungicide to it? ATO is an odd beast and supposedly cannot
even take a tint added to it.

Or should I just punt ATO entirely and go with Cabbot, like everyone else
in the world seems to like for outdoor stuff ?

--
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the man from Nantucket...