Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Exterior paint that includes primer with finish coat

Ray K wrote:
Home Depot sells a Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint that in a single can
combines a primer with the finish coat. (May be other brands out there,
too.) While the concept is certainly attractive, can we expect it to
work as well as separate coats? The literature touts nanotechnology in
the formulation. What about proven durability? (Since nanotechnology is
so new, I wonder what kind of accelerated tests the paint underwent to
simulate real world conditions.) Anyone have first-hand experience with
this product or other similar ones?

A. Only time will tell.
B. It's a new product, only time will tell.
C. Probably the standard ASTM tests plus whatever Behr does in their own
development.
D. Undoubtedly you'll not be the first to actually buy it but since it's
fairly new see A) and B).

Asking for something that isn't yet known and won't be for a while yet...