Posted to alt.home.repair
Arkadiy Arkadiy is offline

Default Pella door pricing

On Jun 9, 3:32 am, "Art" wrote:
Are you talking about their entrance doors? When I priced Pella entrance
doors a few years ago, Lowes was almost $1000 cheaper.

Do you mean Reliabilt? Or do you mean Pella doors at Lowes? I am
pretty sure the price for a Pella door now is almost identical at
either Lowes or a Pella store.

Their ornate window
designs differed somewhat between the 2 sources but I called up the factory
and they told me that the quality of entrance doors at Lowes and Pella
stores was identical.

Which factory did you call? One that manufacturers Pella? Reliabilt?

So I save a grand and bought at Lowes. On the other
hand their sliding glass doors are different qualities at Lowes versus Pella
stores.

Also what is the "composite" door? Never seen it in catalogues...
How are they priced?

Thanks a lot for the information.

Regards,
Arkadiy