Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Porch light burns out very fast

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 7, 9:42 pm, "Jackson" wrote:
"Lawrence" wrote in message

ups.com...

Those compact fluorescents are going to be the next big environmental
mess
on the scale of MtBE!- Hide quoted text -

I checked into that. What I read is that ultra-small but measurable
amounts of mercury is contained in the CF bulbs. BUT, Coal-fired
power plants which predominate in the U.S and Canada spew huge
quantities of mercury into the atmospehere and is essentially
everwhere in small quantities now. They say that the power saved by
using those CF's would remove quanties of mercury from the enviroment
that are far, far in excess of the ultra--small quantities of mercury
in these CF's wich can be contained either with specific recycling or
just in landiflls would be safe compared to the poisons these electric
plants spew into the envronment.

I imagine it's all a moot point when the demand for electicithy is
increasing around the world. Electricity is convenient and profitable
and the human race will usually want it where available. I know I am
totally addicted to electricity like most people I rely on it for many
things. Keeping the cost of it down is good for business so it's hard
to be against it. Hell, if it's in the fish then where else is it?

Uh, mercury is a naturally occurring element. It already was/is
everywhere
before power plants started "spewing" it.- Hide quoted text -

Um, then maybe yu should have an extra portion. Where I live mercury
contamination and poisoning are very real issues. If you are
sarcastic concerning the danger then you deserve for you and you
children to be poisoned. Then you will shut the **** up.

That's nice.
(and THAT is sarcasm)