Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Recommend Cordless Hammer Drill

Dottie wrote:
On Jun 8, 1:00 pm, dpb wrote:
dnoyeB wrote:
I have a black and decker firestorm 24V cordless hammer drill. It works
very well. But there are 2 things I dont like. The torque setting is
inconsistent. I have messed up holes occasionally due to this.
Especially when changing the speed. That affects the resultant torque
very much.
Is there any cordless drill that has more consistent torque setting?

Never noticed any difficulty w/ Milwaukee but never done a controlled
test, either...

Also, I would like some kind of drill stop to help speed up my hold making
when I know the depth ahead of time. Any drill also with that feature?

Not than I'm aware of, but there are a million add-on ways to accomplish
it from as simple as a piece of tape on the bit to "store-bought"
jigs...choose a method that suits you is best I can recommend.

If you typically do repetitive things of the same type, making a set of
collars of the desired size(s) and depth(s) would seem worthwhile. You
can, of course, buy them as well.

--

We are about to start a project where we will be installing vertical
supports on each side of the garage door. It will need three holes on

I'd use two drills or drill all of one size or then the other, or this
would also be a place to use the interchangeable hex bit holder, or...

Actually, I now realize that several of my drills _do_ have an extension
bar w/ a clamp which can be set to hit the work at a preset depth -- in
40+ years I've never used the "feature" so had completely forgotten
about it....it would be another way...