Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Pella door pricing

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:03:06 -0700, Arkadiy
wrote:

Hi all,

I kind of thought that if there is a product then there has to exist
MSRP...

I think MSRPs were driven "into submission" by Crazy Eddie in the late
1970's, who would sell "to any federal, state, or local government
employee, or any member of any union at all". Thus, he wasn't a public
business within the definition of the Fair Trade laws, and could sell
at any price he wanted.

Later, places like the Price Club and Sam's Club got in on the action,
by only selling to "members" and the result was I'm almost certain
that the Fair Trade law was repealed and anyone can sell at any price
he wants. Hmmm. That would mean that a clause in contract with a
manufacturer that specifies a minimum price would be void. Not sure
about the ramifications of that or if that part is true.

Even if there were an msrp, I don't think they would have to tell you
what it was.