Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Had tree stump ground down, how to fill in hole?

Red wrote:
Bill wrote:
I have a big hole where my tree stump used to be.

Is it as easy as adding topsoil, then some grass seed?

Or there there some tips?

Huh?? What happened to the material that came out of the hole? Mix
the soil with the tree chips and refill the hole - it'll make good
compost.

Not necessarily -- walnut, for example, is quite nasty chemically for
growing much of anything else. Many other species have their own
characteristics that are less than desirable as compost material--the
high tannic acid content of oak, for another example.