Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Pella door pricing

Arkadiy wrote:
Hi all,

I kind of thought that if there is a product then there has to exist
MSRP...

Don't know where you got that idea from...a relatively common practice,
but certainly not universal and there's nothing that says a manufacturer
has to follow the practice...

... Maybe I have a particular amount to
spend -- how do I figure out what I can get for this money?

Am I alone feeling that this is not normal? How do people usually
figure out what exact configuration to buy?

Ask for what it is they want and decide if that's acceptable or not. If
you have a price point, letting that be known can do wonders to prevent
the dealer from pricing products out of your price range.

But, as a general rule, my answer w/ Pella is kinda' like the old story
of the guy in the (pick your favorite) automobile showroom--if you have
to ask, you can't afford it.