Posted to alt.home.repair
Arkadiy Arkadiy is offline

Default Pella door pricing

Hi all,

I kind of thought that if there is a product then there has to exist
MSRP...

For example, Andersen web site has the pricing information on their
windows. It may or may not be absolutely accurate, but it gives you
an idea, so that when you go to a dealer you kind of know what to
expect.

No such luck with Pella The only way to get any pricing
information seems to be to ask a particular dealer. So I give them
the exact door configuration, including where the sidelight is, on
which side the hinges are (!), etc., and they come up with, like
$2100... When I say that another store has it less expensive, it
turns out they loaded the door with all possible upgrades, including
non-standard color of the hinges... When they remove all (or part?)
of these upgrades, the price goes down to, say $1700.

Still not sure where I am... If I go with steel instead of
fiberglass, it's going to be cheaper. How much cheaper for this
particular door with this particular glass and sidelight? Maybe I
want fiberglass, but a smaller glass or no glass at all -- will it
affect the price? How much? Maybe I have a particular amount to
spend -- how do I figure out what I can get for this money?

Looks impossible to figure out all this without spending whole day at
a Pella store, and pricing all possible combinations (Forget Lowes --
they don't seem to be friendly enough to price more than a couple of
doors).

I even tried to call Pella, and asked for MSRPs, but was told they
(MSRPs) are not available.

Am I alone feeling that this is not normal? How do people usually
figure out what exact configuration to buy?

Thanks,
Arkadiy