Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Electrical connection for generator (in fuse box) - info, docs or links wanted

In article ,
"Apropos" wrote:

Anyone know of any good guides showing how to hook up a fuse box to accept a
generator? I want to hook up a 4-wire, 220v 30A connection straight into
the box to power the whole home (obviously not everything in it, just what I
choose to turn on).

There should be some websites or documents out there which show what to do.
I know much of what needs to be done, I just need to know the specifics.

I disagree with the idea that because you don't already know how to do
something, you shouldn't do it. Of course it's good to do your study and
research first.

I typed

connect emergency generator to service box

and this was the first hit. Seemed like a good place to start. Scroll
down to the "integrated system" section.