Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Electrical connection for generator (in fuse box) - info, docs or links wanted

"Apropos" wrote in message
Anyone know of any good guides showing how to hook up a fuse box to accept
generator? I want to hook up a 4-wire, 220v 30A connection straight into
the box to power the whole home (obviously not everything in it, just what
choose to turn on).

There should be some websites or documents out there which show what to
do.
I know much of what needs to be done, I just need to know the specifics.

I will second (or third) everyone else's advice. If you need to be told how
to do this, you shouldn't be doing it. Quick reality check; do you break
just the hots, or also the grounds and neutral? You don't know, do you.
Then leave it alone.

If you install an new circuit incorrectly, it probably just won't work. If
you do this wrong someone could die.
In any event, you are probably better off with a simple commercial transfer
switch. Mine will power 6 circuits; and if you do it wrong, it just won't
work.

(Sure, you could do a circuit or TS wrong so it is dangerous, but you would
almost have to try.)
(Answer to QRC, it depends on the generator.)