Posted to alt.home.repair
Apropos Apropos is offline

Default Electrical connection for generator (in fuse box) - info, docs or links wanted

Well, sometimes you pretty much know how but you prefer to see it spelled
out and drawn out ;-)

At any rate, do you know anywhere which shows the procedure to hook up a
generator feed IN to the fuse box, such that I can disconnect via the main,
from the local utility?

It really doesn't seem that complicated. It's just the kind of thing you
just don't want to get WRONG ... LOL

"willshak" wrote in message
on 6/8/2007 7:47 AM Apropos said the following:
Anyone know of any good guides showing how to hook up a fuse box to

accept a
generator? I want to hook up a 4-wire, 220v 30A connection straight

into
the box to power the whole home (obviously not everything in it, just

what I
choose to turn on).

There should be some websites or documents out there which show what to

do.
I know much of what needs to be done, I just need to know the specifics.

Even I, a one-time part-time house builder who has personally run many
new circuits in my house, am not so stupid as to attempt this myself.
Some things you don't f__k with if you have to ask for directions.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY