Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Electrical connection for generator (in fuse box) - info, docsor links wanted

on 6/8/2007 7:47 AM Apropos said the following:
Anyone know of any good guides showing how to hook up a fuse box to accept a
generator? I want to hook up a 4-wire, 220v 30A connection straight into
the box to power the whole home (obviously not everything in it, just what I
choose to turn on).

There should be some websites or documents out there which show what to do.
I know much of what needs to be done, I just need to know the specifics.

Even I, a one-time part-time house builder who has personally run many
new circuits in my house, am not so stupid as to attempt this myself.
Some things you don't f__k with if you have to ask for directions.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY