Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Chraftsman 18hp. twin fuel problem

On Jun 7, 9:00 pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:42:18 -0000, Rick wrote:
We have an 18 hp. twinfuelpump on the side of the carb . It was
working fine and then quit . It appeared that it was lack of gas as it
would start and run as long as you pored the gas in the carb . I
rebuilt thefuelpump and it still wasn't gettingfuel. I took the
top off the carb and it was bone dry . I replaced the needle valve and
it still didn't getfuel. This time when the carb was apart I poured
some gas in the bowl and poured gas to thefuel pump line doing it
several times and turning it over to prime the pump . When I put the
carb back together it started right up and ran good . I took it out to
try mowing with it an again after about 10 minutes it acted like it
was starving for gas . Then it stalled again . Sameproblem. Thefuel
pump seems to be powered by a vacum hose coming up from the
crankcase . Is there anything in the crankcase (filter)or something
that would plug up ? I can feel som air coming out of the hose when I
turn it over . I can suckfuelout of the gas line at thefuelpump
connection from the tank...Any ideas...Rick

Nothing like a gasket *placed incorrectly* in thefuelpump repair.?

I get nervous when I have parts left over in a carb rebuild. :-)

--
Oren

..through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..- Hide quoted text -

I have disasembled the pump already . Just to be sure , I checked to
make sure I didn't have the gasket reversed and that all the springs
are in place. Rick