Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Benq LCD monitor FP72G

"Tony Leathem" wrote in message
u...
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next
to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

Probably a failed backlight inverter - very common. When it is at the point
where it should be displaying an image, shine a strong light at a flat
angle, onto the screen. If you can see a dim image, then you have no
backlight. Could be the inverter board, could be one of the CCFLs loading up
the inverter and stopping it. Replacements might be found at

http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html

Arfa