Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Benq LCD monitor FP72G

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next to
nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

"Tony Leathem" wrote in message
u...
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next
to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

Probably a failed backlight inverter - very common. When it is at the point
where it should be displaying an image, shine a strong light at a flat
angle, onto the screen. If you can see a dim image, then you have no
backlight. Could be the inverter board, could be one of the CCFLs loading up
the inverter and stopping it. Replacements might be found at

http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html

Arfa

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Tony Leathem wrote:
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for
next to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Check the cap(s) in the power supply - I have an oldish Samsung 18" screen
where the only fault was the main (big) cap had died.

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:32:15 -0400 Meat Plow wrote
in Message id: :

18"?

Never saw an 18"

NEC 1810 (P.O.S.)
Inverter is about as reliable as a Yugo.
Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

ther have a 3 year warrenty and arent even 3 years old yet try to ring benq
and say youve lost the reciept they have a man date on the back as long as
its not 4 years old thell fix it
"Tony Leathem" wrote in message
u...
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next
to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

its not 4 years old thell fix it"Tony Leathem" wrote in message

u...

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next
to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

yeah, i have seen a few of these wee beasies. Change all of the 1000
uF capacitors near the inverters, even if only one is bulging.

Also check:- the two drive transistors on each inverter, if one has
gone bad then it will stop the monitor in the way you describe.

regards, -A

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Most likely shorted on or two transistors on inverter PCB due to bad solder
on transformers in inverter.

Rudolf

"Tony Leathem" wrote in message
u...
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next
to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point
green light when turning on computer,
but no image on screen
slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

lcd monitor problem lurk Electronics Repair 7 May 16th 06 05:45 AM
LCD Monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 April 18th 06 08:14 AM
LCD Monitor Table [email protected] Woodworking 18 June 11th 05 07:55 AM
lcd monitor pedro Electronics Repair 1 April 25th 05 04:32 AM
benq monitor gets blurry after being stored for a long time Edison O'billy Electronics Repair 4 June 3rd 04 05:28 AM