Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default How to remove roofing nails from below?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 7, 12:07 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

They are not drywall screws, I think those are galvanized roofing
screws. I am just trying to get them out of the way, if I hammer
in
opposite direction they will pop out the other end and tear up
the
flashing and asphalt cement on top of it, which means I will have
redo the roofing edge.

Can you grab the heads of the screws with the cutter, but not cut
them?

Then grab them with the cutter and twist the whole cutter when you
have a good grip. You may be able to unscrew them.

You did try a screwdriver? :-)

Bob

The screw heads are protected from above under a layer of asphalt
cement over some metal flashing and tar paper. I am trying to cut
them off from below without disturbing what is above.

Is this a situation where you can slip a hacksaw blade up behind the
board and cut them?

Bob