Posted to alt.home.repair
Avery Avery is offline

Default Building fence around tree question

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:04:28 -0700, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any
freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin'
spam wrote:

I am putting up a fence. A small Dogwood tree is right exactly in line with
the house where I want the fence to go. I don't really want to chop down the
tree, so I'm considering running the fence around it. Any creative ideas how
to do this and make it look good? I'm considering zig/zagging around the
tree but don't want to have to dig 3 or 4 extra holes just to go around it,
and to angle slightly past it would look funny. The tree is too big to move,
I don't have the resources to move something that would require that big of
a rootball to be dug up. Any ideas?

Is it a boundary fence? If you zig zag around it you will probably
need to consult your neighbour.

Why not stop the fence before the tree and then take it up after the
tree. Fill in the gap with something flexible and adjustable - chain
wire perhaps. Defines the boundary and gives the tree a chance to
grow on.