Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Building fence around tree question

On Jun 6, 11:04 pm, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at
zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote:
I am putting up a fence. A small Dogwood tree is right exactly in line with
the house where I want the fence to go. I don't really want to chop down the
tree, so I'm considering running the fence around it. Any creative ideas how
to do this and make it look good? I'm considering zig/zagging around the
tree but don't want to have to dig 3 or 4 extra holes just to go around it,
and to angle slightly past it would look funny. The tree is too big to move,
I don't have the resources to move something that would require that big of
a rootball to be dug up. Any ideas?

No ideas here. First you say it's a small tree then you say is't too
big to move. Fences and trees do not mix. Trees can be moved or even
replaced.

If that tree is in the way of your fence then you cut it down and dig
up the stump. I hope that's creative enough for you. If you are
worried then plant several replacment trees right away. That way your
concience over this one tree can be soothed and the project can
proceed.