Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Removable Fasteners

On Jun 5, 4:23 pm, Greg Esres wrote:

fasten one square wood frame to another

If you can inset the 3 x 5 glass-bearing frame into the other, would
BULLET fasteners work for you? I am thinking eight of them would allow
the two frames to maintain registry and absent freakish ind event
"togetherness" too. By cutting finger grooves on the inside of the
removable frame, you should be able to pull it out easily. Note, this
approach would also work well with the magnetic suggestions - those RE
guys are strong - bet four 1/2" guys would do it. If you fasten the
"keepers" they sell for them a bit loose, the fit can be a bit
"sloppy" (easier to move in and out) and still do the trick.

Note, insetting the 3 x 5 frame inot the other is key here. The
considerable weight of 15 square feet of 1/4 glass might defeat the
magnets alone. Butthe ability of the existing frame bottom to bear the
weight would allow them to hold the thing flush to the inside frame.

If I should have read lore before responding to discover [more details
about] your application, forgive me.

I want to fasten one square wood frame to another in a fashion that
can be easily removed. I'm thinking wing-nut sort of thing, but more
attractive. Only one side of the piece will be accessible while
attaching the frame.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what to Google on?

Thanks