Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy McKenzie Andy McKenzie is offline

Default Ever had that satisfied feeling with overkill ?

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:26:01 -0700, Jethro wrote:

(following on from a comment in another thread).

Have you ever put up with something, maybe made numerous temporary
repairs, and then snapped and threw total overkill at the problem ? And
then stepped back and thought "Now break you ****er" ?

Here's a recent example : we have a bird feeder, which I hung off a nail
on our fence. It used to keep getting knocked/blown off, and I tried
bending the nail, and then changing it for a cup hook (which didn't work
as it was too close to the fence then).

Finally after a few weeks of this I snapped, and spend a few minutes
rummaging in the garage till I came across an old shelf bracket. I
screwed
that to the fence (3 screws !) , made an "S" hook to hang the feeder
from,
and it's stayed up since.

It's hard to define the smugness I felt when I stepped back and thought :
"NOW fall down - I dare you !".

===================================
I guess Al Capone would have said something similar:

"NOW get up - I dare you!"

Cic.

In my experience one of three things will now happen - either the fence will
be blown down in the next gale (the added resistance of the bird feeder
being the tipping point), or you will decide that the bird feeder is in the
wrong place, or with highest probability, you will bash your head on the
shelf bracket that some twit screwed on in the garden. Its called Karma -
and you can't win!

Andy